In the summer season, the sunrays become more powerful. Kapha dosha starts decreasing and vata starts increasing day by day.
Heat of the sun reduces the moisture in the atmosphere and thus increases the Ruksh guna of Vata Dosha, which causes sanchay of Vata Dosha. By this way Ahaar and vihar that accentuate its sanchay can be avoided. This season has vata as prominent dosha
- Intake of liquids (fluids) should be increased to prevent dehydration due to excessive sweating.
- Drink lot of water, juice, butter milk, lemon juice, etc.
- Include all possible seasonal fruits in your daily diet like jack fruit, tomato, banana, water melon, cucumber, etc
- Avoid food with pungent, acid & salt tastes.
- Tuck into sweet, cold & oily foods. Meat of birds & animals are good for you.
- It is advisable not to take honey
- Wine should not be taken as it can cause burning sensation and even debility. If necessary take in very little quantity.
- Use of cotton clothes is beneficial as they provide a soothing effect to the human body
- Excessive workouts and sex must be avoided
- Avoid heavy physical exertion this hot season.
- Take bath in cold water. Massage must be done with a chandan paste
- Panak Panchsara (syrup prepared with draksha (sugarcane), madhuka, date, kashmarya and parshuka fruits all in equal quantity cold with cardamom powder.