Low libido or lack of sex drive is the most common sexual dysfunction. Lack of libido or low libido is most common in women but quite rare in men.
According to Ayurveda, libido is low when there is a weakness or debility in the male or female reproductive tissue. In addition, low sexual drive can be due to stress, health problems and even anxiety or emotional problems. It may affect one’s relationships or marriage but sometimes it is a healthy response by the body to shut off excess loss of health giving vital fluid.
Men with low sex drive can achieve erections but have very less desire for sex. But men with erectile dysfunction usually have a normal sex drive.
Sexual power is lacking in low libido and in the Ayurveda approach, there are several ways to increase libido for both men and women.
Low libido in womanThe cases of low libido in women are constantly on the rise these days mainly due to the changing living conditions like long working hours, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Women have a very busy lifestyle, they have to look after the kids, her husband, cook food and then go and work in office. After coming back from office she cannot relax like men because she is responsible for the home chores as well. Such a hectic schedule can make anyone tired as a result of which she does not feel the desire or urge to have sex which is quite understandable.
Causes of Low Libido (According to Ayurveda)
- Compulsive sex with a person who is not liked by the partner.
- Anxiety, stress, anger, depression
- Diseases like Anaemia, Obesity, diabetes , hypothyroidism
- Destruction caused to semen by consumption of spicy, salty and hot food.
- Overindulgence in sexual activities leading to low quantity of semen.
- By controlling sexual urges for longer duration leading to obstruction of semen (Veeryaavrodha) which in turn results in low libido.
- Impotence by birth
- If Vajikara dravyas (herbal preparations to increase libido) are not consumed by such persons regularly, it may lead to CLIBYA (impotence).
Herbal Remedies for Increasing Libido
- Shilajit (asphaltum, mineral pitch)
- Safed musli (curculigo orchioides)
- Akarakara (Spanish pellitory, anacylus pyrethrum)
Ashwagandha (withania somnifera)
Remedies just for menStrengthening drink (Just for men with low sex drive, this drink is simply effective.)
You need: 1 teaspoon of ashwagandha, ½ teaspoon vidari and warm milk; Warm milk over a stove and add all the herbal powder. Drink it at night before bedtime.
Massage therapy with herbalized oils
gently massage the penis with bala oil or shatavari ghee.
Remedy just for womenHerbal drink (This similar herbal formula drink is simply effective for women only.)
You need: 1 teaspoon of shatavari, ½ teaspoon vidari, warm milk; Mix the herbal powders and add to warm milk. Drink herbal milk at night before going to bed.
(small things are big things)Low Libido is easily overcome by simple change in daily routine, suggested by ayurveda.
- Sleep: Sleep at least 7 to 8 hours daily.
- Exercise: Exercise improved blood flow throughout the body and improving your sex life as well.
- Meditation: Stress is a major factor in low libido, and meditation helps you to get relief from stress and anxiety. Daily practice simple breathing exercise (Pranayama) and yoga; it will really help you.
- Withdrawing from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Reducing body weight.
- Correcting anaemia.
- Reducing stress levels with relaxation techniques.
- Support from spouse or partner.
- Ayurveda treatment for low sex drive
E-mail Us :